Thursday 16 September 2010

Over a year later, I wrote a new song...

When you were only a child
From traffick I called you son
But the more I called you, Israel
The further you'd run

It was me who taught you to walk
I took you by the arms
And when you'd fall only my kiss
Would make you feel calm

And I'll draw you with cords of love
Til you get my point of view
I'll take this burden from your back
And crawl to eat with you

And you will choose to be slaved
Before you let me in
All your plans in towers of smoke
Just so I won't win

And oh how can I give you up
Or treat you as my enemy?
All my compassion is aroused
My heart is changed in me

I'll hold back the devastation
My anger burns to do
For I am God and not a man
Holy among you

And when you listen to my roar
You'll tremble home to me
I'll be your God and you my son
Just how you're made to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment