Saturday 12 February 2011

The most special person in the world

You’ve been very good to me
Really you have
I can’t fault your kindness
Giving
Time
Patience
Grace with my mistakes
Your door wide open to me
You hug me when I come inside
A blanket to my sharp edges
Soft Warm Strong

You’ve listened to me with wisdom
We’ve sung and we’ve strummed
You’ve opened up your passion
Let me stay all day long.
But when a night like this comes
I’m no more favoured than another one
I remember you’re just a friend far from home
A man with his own damn worries
A miracle really
That you loved me so well
For a moment there I forgot
I’m not your son
I’m not the most special person in the world.

So thank you for listening
And letting me down
It hurts like an avalanche
I’m muffled in its wake
But hearing my heart as clear as a bell
I don’t need you to love me
Don’t need anybody who could love me so well
I forget it isn’t true
You’re not my dad
I’m not the most special person in the world.

I’m not greedy to want more
I’m desperate and weak
If I don’t get it properly I’ll turn out a thief
Wrenching kindness from any in sight
By show offs, hard work, sleight of tongue
My disbelief will grow
And you won’t get a chance to love me at all

Alone, yeah
And despairing
Until I hear the words
Only one can give
That I don’t deserve

“Tim, you’re my son”
“Yes, you’re the most special person in the world.”






No comments:

Post a Comment