Saturday 19 June 2010

Switchfoot reflections

Me and Dan went to see Switchfoot the other week. I rarely go our of my way for live music, so this is quite significant. Jon Foreman has become one of my favourite writers; and one of my heroes. My favourite artists are always those who seem to express my deepest feeling about life. The experience of reading thir book, listening to their CD, whatever, is made sublime by it's resonance. 'Yes!' I cry (sometimes out loud, in public places), 'that's it! That's exactly how it is!'
ewioj
What was remarkable about the gig wasn't the family-like interplay between band and fans - Delirious top them there. Nor was it the contrasting moments of utter musical euphoria and raw humanity - yes U2. The power of this gig wasn't in the experience at all, but in the series of plot twist revelations about life - the sudden rememberances of truth that colour everything different to how it was before. I thought I'd share some with you. Keep reading...!

1 comment: