Saturday 27 November 2010

Traveller from the East

"My name is Tomasz Marszalek and I have been in England for about 2 years after coming over from Poland. I came to find work, hoping to improve the quality of my life.

Unfortunately work dried up and I ended sleeping on the streets in Norwich with my friend Max. We heard about the King’s Church drop in and came along to use the service in May 2008. The volunteers made us feel welcome and I got chatting with them. I was invited to come to the Sunday morning meeting and started attending in August 2008. Very soon both Max and myself helped out in the kitchen during the week to give us something to do, and we were allowed to use the showers and laundry which helped us to stay neat and clean.

I remember thinking during the meetings on Sunday how very different it was from church in Poland and how nice the people were. I was invited to Alpha in November 2008 and I came to know that God is real and Jesus really did exist. I came to understand that church is not about buildings or money but about people and having a relationship with God and Jesus. During Alpha I decided that I would like to give my life to Jesus. I then went to a group who met at people’s houses and got a greater understanding of what it means to be a Christian and things like reading the bible, importance of praying, and lots of other helpful stuff on Christian life.

I have decided to get baptised today because when I was little my mother got me baptised and I didn’t have a choice. Now I am a man: I have a choice, and I choose to be baptised in the name of Jesus. I see this as the first day of the rest of my life. I look forward to growing in my relationship with God and Jesus; it’s so great that now I can talk to them whenever I want. I really like my friends here in church and have never come across a place like this church before.

Thank you for listening to this." (Tomasz Marszalek; Summer 2009)


An alternative ending...

Christmas is for life, not just for Christmas. The new album: www.myspace.com/thescatcat

No comments:

Post a Comment