Wednesday 1 December 2010

Christmas Complete

SCRATCH (Southampton City and Region Action to Combat Hardship) is a Charitable Company which manages various social action projects that currently operate in Southampton. The 'Christmas Complete' project has been running for over 14 years and is the means of providing toys and gifts to children and teenagers who otherwise would receive little or nothing at Christmas. We are able to help children from a couple of months to 17 years old.

“I would like to pass on my thanks to you and the people who donated presents. My son and daughter were delighted with the gifts you delivered. I recently lost my job after an accident at work and my wife works part-time so this was going to be a very lean Christmas for us. We could not afford presents. To receive a boxful of presents from Scratch for our children was a fantastic gesture. My daughter was thrilled with her doll and we read her a story at bedtime from one of the books donated. My son loves his wooden lorry.”

“Yesterday I visited one of those families I had referred. She was absolutely made up with the parcel you delivered containing Christmas gifts for her children and she couldn’t believe the generosity. It was wonderful to see her so happy after what had been an extremely stressful time for her and her family financially.”

“Many, many thanks on behalf of our service users for the wonderful Christmas toys you delivered to our children. You offer such an invaluable service. The parents were absolutely delighted with the toys.”

In December 2009, we were able to provide 7 or 8 gifts to 1718 children from over 690 families. As with all of the other SCRATCH projects, every child who receives toys will have been referred by one of our registered referral agencies.



Christmas is for life, not just for Christmas. The new album: www.myspace.com/thescatcat

No comments:

Post a Comment